Prospect Showcase: Cameron Mercadel Class Of 2024April 21, 2021
In this piece we sit down with Cameron Mercadel a projected 2nd round pick in the 2024 NBA draft. Mercadel is a skilled ball handler with real potential that we feel most scouts are sleeping on. We see Mercadel as a potential 2024 lottery pick and starting caliber PG in the NBA minimum. Thank you to Cameron and the whole Mercadel family for the opportunity to have this sit down.
- What is your height and weight? IM 6 FEET 155 POUNDS.
- What do you feel are the strongest and weakest parts of your game? The strongest part of my game is i can score on all 3 levels and i am very poised on both sides of the ball. One of my biggest weaknesses is to become a better guard rebounder and getting stronger.
- Your ranked 74th in the 2024 draft class does it make you more motivated and hungrier that people are sleeping on you? Yes it makes me more motivated to continue to work hard and keep believing in myself. I have faith and strong family support that will continue to push me to achieve my goals on and off the court. I am ready to go head to head against any guards they have in front of me.
- I watched the tape and see real potential. What does your typical training day look like? I really appreciate that. My typical training day during the off season is brutal. I train 4 to 6 hours per day. We start off early in the morning with nutrition and then we do strength and conditioning for our first session. than for our second session we do skills work and defense. For our night session we do all shooting and recovery and stretching.
- The NBA is your dream but why is getting drafted into the NBA so important to you? Getting drafted into the NBA has always been a dream and a goal of mine every since my dad put the ball in my hands at 1 years old. It’s very important to me because I would have a bigger platform to help more people learn about life through basketball. My parents have taught me that my faith and my relationship with Jesus Christ is the most important thing in the world. As a family we are here to give back to the children of the world.